HANCOCK COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2016
HANCOCK MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY
7070 STENNIS AIRPORT DR.
KILN, MS 39556
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PRAYER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Declaration of continued state of emergency for Hancock County School District.
2 Approval of administrative and certified salary scales for the 2017-2018 school year. (Board Policies CGA & GBA)
3. Approval of recommendation to accept the resignation of Bronwyn Robinson as teacher at East Hancock Elementary School, effective March 20, 2017,
for the remainder of the 2016 – 2017 school year. (Board Policy GBO)
4. Approval of recommendation to employ Vicki Lowe as a long-term substitute teacher at Hancock Middle School, effective March 8, 2017, for the remainder of the 2016 – 2017 school year, at a daily rate of $100.00. (Board Policy GBD)
5. Approval of recommendation to employ Kelsey Ratcliff an assistant teacher at East Hancock Elementary School, effective February 6, 2017, for the remainder of the 2016 – 2017 school year, subject to the successful completion of the necessary background checks. (Board Policy GBD)
6. Approval of fundraisers. (Board Policy JK)
7. Approval of recommendation to accept the lowest quote for the purchase and installation of an HDMI school wide distribution system from Communication Resources Cabling in the amount of $17,500.00 for Hancock Middle School. (Board Policy DJ)
8. Approval of recommendation to accept the $8000 grant from the Anthony Dartez Endowment Fund at the Gulf Coast Community Foundation.
9. Approval of Out-of –State and/or Overnight Travel Agenda and related expenses. (Board Policies JGFB, CGPF & EDA)
V. TABLED ITEMS:
1. Approval to enter into a one year contract with Suzanne E. Smith, CPA, PLCC for the school district’s Single Audit for FY 2017 in the amount of $20,800.00.
VI. SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
VII. BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
VIII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. Approval of student discipline matters.
Fiscal Year Meeting #13
March 16, 2017
10. Approval of the liability release agreement with Jay Lee Company LLC and the Hancock County School District.
11. Approval of the Scholastic Book Fair fundraiser for Hancock North Central Elementary School.